Thursday 4 February 2010

Contact with Rochester Cathedral

I contacted Rochester Cathedral last week asking about whether they would be interested in us making a 3d version of the Cathedral in its glory day showing the stages of the different building process as the Cathedral has a variety of architects work over time.

------------

Hello there,

My name is Lydia Fabian and i am currently a student of Ravensbourne College University.

I am a second year animation student and my current project involves modeling a 3d environment on whatever i choose. I have been to look at Rochester Cathedral and it took my breath away.

I am writing to ask of you if it would be possible to model the
Rochester Cathedral with how it looked through the different building sections as it was being built over time.
Please contact me on the email address l.fabian@rave.ac.uk

or my mobile number is 07596 078 089

Hope to hear from you soon as i'm keen to get started.

Best Wishes

Lydia Fabian


-----------
Reply
-----------

Dear Lydia

Thank you for your enquiry via the website.
This sounds like an interesting project, happy to talk further!
Have you looked at the panoramic tour we have just put on the website?

http://www.rochestercathedral.org/pano/

If you are able to produce something to looks at how it has changed we
may even be able to make use of it.

Do give me a call

Regards

Edwina

--------------

Dr Edwina Bell

Director of Operations

Rochester Cathedral, The Chapter Office, Garth House, The Precinct,
Rochester, ME1 1SX

Direct Dial: 01634 810060 Mobile: 07766 857752


We have decided as a team to continue with what we originally had planned, we have worked on our purpose and i will write it clearly in the next post. I would have liked to have worked on something live with a client. So maybe that could be a personal project over the summer with a few friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment